“Supporting the English-speaking community in West Quebec”
If you are self quarantined or under mandatory quarantine, we hope that the following resources will be of help to you. Feel free to share this information with your loved ones. Other suggestions can be shared with Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Businesses & Services
- Hydro Quebec's response to COVID-19: follow the link
- Provincial Government's update on essential businesses and services that can remain open. Others to close from midnight March 25-April 13.
- Ville de Gatineau and the City of Ottawa have asked that both communities limit their interprovincial travel. Read the full press release here in English.
| Home Remedies
Some supplies are limited at this time, here are some home remedies to help you and your family at this difficult time:
- 'Emergency' Bread: this recipe is made up of simple goods, likely already in your pantry and refrigerator. Substitutions are listed within the article as well.
- Hand Sanitizer: it is suggested that hand-washing is best, but if you require hand sanitizer and are unable to find it, you can make your own.
- Baby Wipes: if you are in a pinch, check out how you can make your own baby wipes.
Family Activities & Learning
- Western Quebec School Board: Backpack Learning from Home
- Virtual Story + Rhyme Time with Literacy Quebec and the Anglo Family Council: tune in for some fun before bedtime. Upcoming dates:
- Friday, March 27 @ 7pm
- Sunday, Mach 29 @ 7pm
- 'Window Walks': families are encouraged to go outdoors and participate in spotting different items in windows around the community. The Shamrock Hunt was a success, check out what is next:
- March 29: flowers
- April 1: jokes
- April 4: easter eggs
- Scholastic 'Learn at Home': explore the activities that Scholastics has available for PreK and Kindergarten, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3 to 5, and Grade 6+ aged learners. Follow the link, select a grade level, and enjoy the fun learning from there.
- CAFE Youth Inspired! Children's Book Competition: the Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions is running their book competition. Follow the link to access full contest details.
- Virtual Farm Tours: visit a Dairy Farm from the comfort of your own home.
- Virtual Book Club: read an ebook with your family and meet up with others via Skype, FaceTime, or other platforms to share your thoughts.
- Cooking With Kids: this website has plenty of recipes that you can test out as a family. Not only is it tasty, but educational too!
- Duolingo: learn a new language together.
- 12 Free Art Lessons via YouTube
The Government of Quebec has ordered the closing of non-essential businesses and services from midnight March 25th to April 13th.
To access the list of essential businesses and services that can remain open, click here.
What businesses are open?
Are there businesses going above and beyond in this time of need, that you would like to share with the community? What have you noticed is still open, offering special shopping hours for seniors, or new food delivery options that were not the norm before- we would like to know! Please send information with Hayley at email@example.com to have them appear on this list.
*Please note: the following information can change at any time. Please call in advance to avoid disappointment.*
Gatineau- Aylmer Sector
- Bambou Restaurant (87 rue Principale, Gatineau) 819-684-5558
- Amazona’s Peruvian Restaurant 819-684-9676
- Aylmer BBQ, (Principale) 819-684-4372
- Benny & Co., (Vanier) 819-684-0880
- Boston Pizza (Plateau-Grives) 819-778-6699
- Dinty’s Restaurant, (ch Aylmer) 819-684-1771
- Gabriel’s Restaurant (ch Aylmer) 819-881-5555
- Heritage Pizza, (Principale) 819-682-4749
- Jimmie’s Pizza (Belmont) 819-684-4331
- Pizza Pizza (ch Aylmer) 819-737-1111
- Patate Lou Lou, (ch Eardley) 819-682-4603
- 1 for 1 Pizza, (Principale) 819-682-0234
- Riverview Pizza (Front) 819-682-2222
- Supreme Pizza (McEwen McConnell) 819-682-4749
- St. Hubert (Principale) 819-685-9119
- Thai Zone (ch Aylmer) 819-557-4442
Restaurants that deliver through Skip the Dishes:
- Cafe Aylmer (Front) 819-682-2223
- Tannour Shawarma (Belmont) 819-685-9292
- Sushi Haru (Principale) 819-557-7788
- Snack Shack (Wilfred-Lavigne) 819-682-7762
- Subway (Wilfred Lavigne) 819-682-7827
- Rhonda's (305 Main St., Shawville) 819-647-3632 - Now offering free delivery within 20km
- Cartrites (373 Rte 148, Shawville) 819-647-6647 - Now offering delivery from 4pm-7pm
- Cafe 349 (349 Main St., Shawville) 819-647-6424 - Open for take out
- Chez In (391 Rte 148, Shawville) 819-647-6111 - Open for take out and delivery
- Hursty's Bar & Grill (368 Main St., Shawville) 819-647-2546 - Open for take out
- Kojacks Restaurant (291 Main St., Shawville) 819-647-2254 - Open for take out
- Billy T's (C437 Rte 148, Shawville) 819-647-5140
- Lello's Restaurant (174 Victoria Ave., Shawville) 819-647-6222